Sunday, February 16, 2014

Got up groggily. Already was
sporting a bad mood for having
to get up so early on a weekend.
I wondered how long I'd been
asleep? Checked my cell, it barked time.
Shit! I must be earliear
today. Not Again!.
I thought of a thousand excuses I
could tell my team lead for not
being present. Then again I
remembered all of these had
been used before. Shit! I hate
myself for being late always
because then I have to keep
adding excuses to my already
overflowing database of excuses.
I was running short of excuses. I
did a recheck in my mind:
Not feeling well -> check : used
twice
aunty not feeling well -> check :
used once
Oops I forgot I have to come early ->
Devil laughter!! yes!! Thats it!
I thought, I have never used this
one before. But, y'day itself I
reminded my team lead I will be earlier today when she asked
for something. Damn! (Out goes
1 more excuse from my already
zero figure database of excuses)
That's it. I thought, I was tired
and wanted to go back to sleep.
Even if I could come up with
some excuse, I had no mood to
get up from my cozy bed,
shower, dress and make it to the
office. But today I was
inconvincible I just was not going
to listen to myself.
me1: get up you jerk! you
cant afford to be irresponsible
like this. This is like tenth time
you'll be late to office!
me2: No ways! it's a weekend
and I need to sleep. How can
they expect me to work on a
weekend. This is not at all fair.
me1: you got a comp-off for
the same on week before.
remember jerko?
me2: yeah well, but i wont.
me1: well, why don't you
just head to the office and check
if you still have your job on?
me2: yeah well, I can do that
on later. Why spoil my
weekend eh?
And that led to the end of
convincing me1 by me2, I was
tired by this internal mental
debate and if I dint need rest
earlier, I definitely needed one
now.
Zzzzzzzzz ... I pulled the blanket
back on me and I was snoozing
again.

No comments: